Friday, February 24, 2012

I Wish This Oscar Had Gone to the Duke

In honor of Sunday's Academy Awards, I'm sharing thematic movie quotes through my blogs. (I love movies almost as much as I love California and the Civil War, family history and country living, but I don't really have anything new to add to the topic of movie blogs, so I haven't created one of those yet.)

"She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" is by far one of my all-time favorite films. What's not to like about a John Wayne/John Ford western shot in color in Monument Valley???

John Wayne was nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of Captain Nathan Brittles and, although the movie doesn't relate directly to the Civil War, the quote does mention three memorable Civil War figures who served in California prior to the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment